- Apply online in less than 5 minutes
- No Minimum Credit Score required
- Fully refundable FDIC security deposit
- No application fee or penalty rate
- Build your credit with monthly reporting to all 3 major credit bureaus
- No pending bankruptcies
Another day, another excellent secured credit card to share with you. They call it the Comeback card and it’s a doozy! I’m reviewing all the best secured credit cards for all you out there who need to improve your credit score. Today’s review is of the UNITY Visa Secured Credit Card.
Why You Need This Card If You Have Bad Credit
Like always, let me give you a quick overview of how secured credit cards work and why you need one if you have bad credit. As I’m sure you can understand, when you have bad credit, credit card companies are a little weary of approving you for a credit card. This creates a problem for you because if you can’t get approved for a credit card, how are you suppose to rebuild your credit? It’s a Catch 22 type situation.
This is where secured credit cards come into play. A secured credit card is a credit card that gets reported to the credit bureaus but it acts more like a debit card in that you deposit the funds in a prepaid account so you’re not actually using credit. This allows you to get a secured card and rebuild positive credit history overtime and eventually be able to apply for a real unsecured credit card like Discover. Therefore, it’s the best tool for rebuilding your credit.
Now let’s talk about the UNITY Visa Secured Credit Card, some of its features, and why I think it fits the bill.
UNITY Visa Secured Credit Card Features
- Really fast approval. One of the things I really like about this card is that they have a really fast approval process. Many secured cards take forever to approve you. You should get approved for the Unity card within about 5 minutes of applying. This is a big plus for me.
- Low minimum, high maximum. Many secured credit cards require at least $500 to deposit into the account. You can open the Unity secured card for only $250, and go all the way up to $10,000. Again, this is an important feature.
- Online access, Reports to all 3 credit bureaus. Another thing I like about this card is that they actually spent some time and effort into building a great online experience to manage your account. Many credit cards have terrible websites and makes it a hassle to pay your bill, add more money, etc. Lastly this card, like most of them, will report to all 3 of the credit bureaus. Nothing new, but definitely worth mentioning.
The Unity Visa Secured credit card is going to be a great secured card for anybody who needs a secured card in order to rebuild credit. It has very reasonable rates, it’s extremely fast and easy to get approved, and has an awesome website to manage your account. Just about everybody is going to get approved for this card and you’ll only need $250 to open the account and start using it. Like most secured credit cards, it reports to all 3 of the credit bureaus, Experian, Equifax, and Transunion, and will provide you what you need to rebuild your credit history.
Would I Get This Card for Myself?
Now for the question I’ve been asking in all these reviews.
If I woke up tomorrow with bad credit, would I get this card myself to start rebuilding my credit? YES. Without a doubt I’d pick up this card.
I would love to know what you think of this card, so please leave a comment telling me about your experience with the card.